All Bark River knives and axes are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for life. If you have problems with our product, just return it to us and we will repair it. If you would like us to refurbish, customize, or re-sharpen the product, please enclose shipping and handling fees:
$15 Lower 48 US States
$30 Alaska & Hawaii
$40 All other Countries
$5.00 Extra for each additional knife
Address all warranty packages as follows:
6911 County 426 M.5 Road
Escanaba, MI 49829
Suggested Advice For Shipping to us…
Put a note in the box that describes what you want done and any and all information regarding the knife. That includes all email correspondence you have had with either one of our representatives, or with one of our Dealers. Please be as specific as possible.
Be sure to include:
- Your Full Name
- Your Return Address
- Your Phone Number and E-mail
- If you are sending your knife in for sharpening, a spa treatment, or a warranty issue, be sure to enclose return shipping & handling and be sure to insure the package.
We will need a street address that UPS can deliver to. UPS cannot deliver to a P.O. Box and we try not to use USPS unless we absolutely have to.
For International Warranties:
- We accept International Money Orders in U.S. Currency
- For any Visa or Mastercard charges, there will be an additional $25.00 processing fee.
- Please use USPS to ship your knife or Contact us directly for alternate methods.
We have a full production schedule and we try to get this kind of work out of here in 10-15 business days. Rehandling work may take longer depending on our Production schedule and replacement materials.
Here are some other important tips for sending us your knives:
- If you have a lanyard attached to your knife, please remove it so we will not have to. For safety reasons, there are no lanyards allowed in the back of our shop.
- Unless the problem with the knife includes the sheath, please do not send the sheath.
- Do not send the product’s box.
- When packaging your knife, please make sure it doesn’t rattle around in the box. Newspaper, magazines or wrapping paper make excellent padding.
- Please make sure the blade, particularly the tip, is covered. A nice sleeve for the blade can be made out of a cereal box or any other card stock and tape.
- Check with your local Post Office or UPS store for shipping boxes, although a shoe box works just as well.
- Please include a printout of any and all emails, private messages, or other correspondence with anyone here at Bark River Knives. We receive hundreds of PT/PM’s and emails per week.
- Please include a detailed list stating what you’d like us to do, or what is wrong with your knife.
For information on cost for work over and above the spa treatments, please contact us in advance. When in doubt of any of this, please call.
If calling, please make sure to do so between 9 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Eastern Time.
We get very busy at the end of the day and may not be able to get to your questions after 3:30 P.M.